What are Youth Rights? National Youth Rights Association
Federal Child Rights Resources by First Focus Campaign for Children, including resources related to efforts to enact federal children’s rights legislation.
Sample Local Children’s Bill of Rights
- Los Angeles Unified School District School Climate Bill of Rights; Summary and resources (page 22) related to the effort to enact school climate bill of rights.
- The Bill of Rights for the Children of Youth of the City of Portland and Multnomah County, Oregon
- Bill of Rights for Children and Youth, Santa Clara County
- Youth Bill of Rights, San Diego County, California
- Children’s Bill of Rights, San Luis Obispo County, California
- Children’s Outdoor Bill of Rights, Austin, Texas
International Child Rights Resources
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child says that childhood is separate from adulthood, and lasts until 18; it is a special, protected time, in which children must be allowed to grow, learn, play, develop and flourish with dignity. The Convention went on to become the most widely ratified human rights treaty in history and has helped transform children’s lives.
- Child Fund Alliance is a global network of 11 child-focused development organizations that works in in partnership with children and their communities to create lasting change, and the participation of children themselves is a key component of our approach.
- Children’s rights in New Zealand